KnitTatCrochet

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Knitting - My First Alice Starmore


dunadd in progress
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
I've never thought someday I would try knitting Alice Starmore design.
Not that I don't have any books of her nor that I don't like her design.
I love her design. I look for her books in any way possible.

But... well, I'm sort of a coward, sort of a chicken. Looks so complicated and that makes me stall.

One day, I happened to go see Virtual Yarns and found two kids wrapped around Dunadds as if they were vikings.

Wow! I want to knit one, I thought.

And the other day, when I came home late as usual something like 1:30 in the morning (or night?), they were waiting for me. They, awesome skeins of Hebridean 3Ply in Driftwodd colourway.

How can I tell the beauty of the yarn? It looks brown, but it's not; it looks gray, but it's not. And at the same time, it is brown and gray with dusky purple. Colours are so subtle just like a piece of wood left its home island and washed and washed uncoutable times by waves.
And how wonderful you feel when you squeeze one of the skeins. It's just marvelous. I can't resist this yarn.

So, last week, I came home after midnight as usual on weekdays, but I just couldn't leave Dunadd. I just put my sleeping time second to Dunadd.

Well, that did harm me a lot.
I learend a little and I didn't knit it this week until Saturday.

I have a long way to go, but I'm not worrying a bit.
I know I can make it.

Even though it takes me a year or two.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • That looks absolutely wonderful! I'm sure it will turn out beautiful!
    Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    It seems awful to have to come home so late at night (morning). May I ask at what time you start working? Do you have a long commute?

    By Blogger katarinaw, At 11:40 PM  

  • Thank you very much for your kind comment.
    I'm sorry for replying you this late.
    And I'm glad that you've asked!
    Yes, it takes me about 2.5 hours to commute.
    I started working at 9:00 till last month, now it is 10:00.
    Plus, I sometimes work a night shift.
    Hopefully, it seemes like too-long-working-hour would end next month.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 12:07 AM  

  • I'm trying to find contact info for a Chihiro Shiraishi whom I went to Highschool with at Salem Academy. Is there any chance that knittatcrochet is the girl I'm trying to find?

    Laurel Nickerson

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:08 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 6:23 PM  

  • Laurel (or is it OK for me to call you Laurel?).

    I'm sorry but I'm not the one you are looking for.
    I've never been to Salem Academy.
    I hope you and your friend will meet again soon.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home