KnitTatCrochet

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Knitting - Searching for Stronger Heel

So far, I've done with a heel and decreasing for a gusset.

Jaywalker in Progress

I've made a pair of socks with the same yarn before. Now they got felted a bit, but before that, they looked a little fragile, especialy heels. The yarn is about 220m/40g and 100% wool. It may not be suitable for sock-knitting. And I assume you usually machine-knit or hold two or more strands together and hand-knit with this yarn.

So, I added some personal touch. I kept slip 1 knit 1 stitches while turning the heel.
Like this.

Heel of My Jaywalker

I hope this may help.

Oh, also, I went my LYS for stash enhancement yesterday and got these for my next Jaywalker.

Yarns for Jaywalker

I've never used them. They are sock-weight and 100% wool. I can't wait to knit with them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Your Jaywalker really looks great! And those new yarns you've bought look fabuluos, I especially like the greenish one.

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, I really appriciate it!

    By Blogger katarinaw, At 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home