KnitTatCrochet

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Crochet - Beaded Purse

beaded purse with my fountain pen
Now crochet.
I made this tiny beaded purse. One of my LYS was closed and before that, they gave us a bargain. So I got this mouth ring.
I used Anchor No.8 and beads were slightly green TOHO beads. I'm not familiar with the size of beads, but these are what we call "maru-dai", which means "big seed". Because colour of the yarn is so beautiful, I choose transparent beads with pale colour.
As you can see, it is really small. You may put a quarter or two and that makes full.
beaded purse with mouth opened

2 Comments:

  • Dear Garyo:

    Glad you have discovered Bead Crochet.
    Have you tried using the beaded slip-stitch for your bead crochet ropes instead of beaded single crochet? The beads come out closer together, with no thread showing.

    You can learn more about bead crochet on our Yahoo Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeadCrochet/

    Thanks,

    Marjorie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:02 PM  

  • Marjorie,
    Thank you very much for your comment.

    I've never tried the beaded slip-stitch and I want to try it!

    And also thank you for telling me about bead crochet group.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home