KnitTatCrochet

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Knitting - Odessas!

So far I've made two Odessas.

My first one is this.
Odessa
Yarn: Rowan Classical Yarns Cashsoft DK 507 Savannah
Beads: TOHO 4mm Beads No.141
Cast-on: Twisted German Cast-on.
I followed the instruction.

And my second is this.
Navy Odessa
Yarn: Rowan Classical Yarns Cashsoft DK 514 Navy
Beads: TOHO 4mm Beads No.21
Cast-on: Twisted German Cast-on.
I followed the instruction but added 10 more stitches.

How I love this cap! And how I look ugly in these caps with my too large jowls;-(

But I just can't stop knitting Odessa. The pattern is exteremely fun to knit. And I love knitting with beads. I once tried to knit a beret on ROWAN MAGAZINE. It was knitted with Yorkshire Tweed 4ply and a lot of beads. I really love that but at the same time I was afraid that it might be very heavy with tons of beads.
I asked for some advices at ROWAN Yarn store and got one. A lady in the store told me it would be pretty without beads.
Well, I thought so, too. But still I couldn't give up beads.

Now Odessa, you don't have to worry about the weights. It is light as if there's no bead at all.

By the way, I love the whorl of Odessa.
Here's one.
Put on my Odessa

And one more.
Odessa and its Whorl

Now I'm thinking of knitting a scarf or two to go with my Odessas.
I'm looking for some patterns. It would be just plain K1P1 or K2P2 ribbing, though.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Your Odessas are fabulous, and I'm so happy that you're considering making even more! Would you like them to appear in the gallery?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:34 AM  

  • They're wonderful! Have you made them for yourself or are they presents?

    By Blogger katarinaw, At 12:08 AM  

  • Great work!
    [url=http://ocufbxdn.com/qzlf/yuke.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://gonwmbzn.com/affn/rxed.html]Cool site[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:31 AM  

  • Good design!
    My homepage | Please visit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:31 AM  

  • Nice site!
    http://ocufbxdn.com/qzlf/yuke.html | http://urhbveoa.com/cqlr/sody.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home