KnitTatCrochet

Thursday, June 15, 2006

[Knitting] WWKIP Day!

I know I'm too late for this, but I did (somehow) participate in World Wide Knit In Public Day last Saturday.

Here I went.

LandMarkTower

I went to the second largest city in our country. She has the world tallest lighthouse and the picture above is the tallest building in our country.
She is also famous for her harbor.

Minatomirai, Yokohama

And there I met Chinapon-san in her wunderbar Martha.

Chinapon-san in her wunderbar Martha

It was the very first time we met though we knew each other through weblogs.

And we knitted and talked and knitted and talked....and so on.

Usually, I knit, tat, and crochet alone. I do knit in public daily but I refrain from knitting with my friends who don't knit. In a way, I love to be alone.
But, hey, wasn't that nice to knit and talk over coffee? Wasn't it delightful to meet with people who knit and love yarns and all?
It surely was.

I really thank Chinapon-san asking me to meet and knit together.
And also, I do appreciate those who telling me this wonderful Event, WWKIP Day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • It sounds wonderful! Isn't the internet fantastic? I mean, you've made a new knitting friend, you came to visit us when you were in Stockholm, all of a sudden one can find loads of other people who share one's interests!

    I'm glad you celebrated WWKIPD! Me: I was cleaning out my old apartment (I've recently moved) and missed the whole thing...

    By Blogger katarinaw, At 6:39 PM  

  • Indeed, the internet is surely fantastic. Thanks to the internet, I really had a wonderful time on WWKIPDay, and the Net made me meet you all!

    I really thank you, Katarina, for always giving me all those nice comments. Sorry for my late reply.

    And I'm sorry to hear that you missed this year's WWKIPDay.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home