KnitTatCrochet

Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Bit Longer

Lacy Rib Socks
Lacy Rib Socks
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
This pair took me more than two months to finish.
Well, it was almost finished, as a matter of fact. I've just procrastinating . You know, you need a lot of energy when you begin and finish something.

This was my commuting project and the fourth pair for Summer of Sock 2007.
Here is some information.

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Martha's Vineyard
Needle: Size 0 (2mm) circular needle 80cm
Cast on; Magic Cast on
Heel: Short Row Heel with Wrap
Cuff: K2P2 rib
Cast off: Turbular Cast-off
Knit 2 socks at a time
2007/6/23 - 2007/9/9
Pattern: No.103 from _Knitting Pattern Book 300_

Now, this is my kind of colourway. It doesn't suit me at all, but I love blues, greens, and purples.
Cherry Tree Hill yarn is fabulous. But I had hard time winding a ball. I think it is slippery. Today, I wound another ball of Cherry Tree Hill and made a mess. I did wind other 8 balls just fine, each from different yarn companies. I really love this yarn, but I don't know I'd get another skein.

It was so much fun to knit with this yarn, though. Tight twist and soft feeling kept reminding me how fun to knit, especially socks.

I made these socks a bit longer than usual. I'd like to try something different for Summer of Socks 2007 socks. That's why.

I'm going to start next project for my commuting time, but I haven't decided which pattern I knit. I'm in mood of lacy pattern. I just want to do yarn overs. Maybe another Mata Hari socks.

I don't think I can finish it by the autumnal equinox. That doesn't bother me at all. Sock knitting, that's what I cannot resist.


pattern_in_detail

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home