KnitTatCrochet

Monday, July 16, 2007

Upside-down Socks


Upside-down Socks
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
Or, rather ,Grotesque Socks, so to speak.

Because it's just too much for a sock, as already written.
I've come to notice that while I was knitting the first sock. But, anyway, I've just finished the pair. And I've learned a lot.

A lot, indeed.

Well, here are some information about this pair.

Yarn: Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock, Denim Colourway
Needle: Size 0 (2.1mm) DPN
Pattern: No082 from _Knitting Patterns Book 250_ by SHIDA Hitomi
Turbular Cast-on
Eye of Partridge Heel
Started on 3 July, 2007
Finished on 15 July, 2007

I definitely love Lorna's Lace Shephered Sock. This yarn is so soft, fun to knit, and almost solid's heathered looks are fabulous.
It was such a delight to knit with this yarn.
Unfortunately, the yarn as well as other sock yarns are not easily available around here. The yarn I used came all the way across the Pacific ocean. What a traveler!

Although this pattern is too much for a sock, it was unstoppable to knit it. It was just fun to knit it. It would be nice for a vest or a sweater. I would like to try that some day.
(And I know that someday never comes, as Creedence Clearwater Revival sang.)

Eye of partridge heel is so lovely. Well, it doesn't go wel l with the pattern very much. Still, I've been wanting to try this heel for a long time. And I'm pleased with the heels.

My next home project is a pair of plain socks with SocksThat Rocks Gram-Rock. Actually, the pattern is a kind of garter rib.
It's so nice to knit a plain sock.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home