KnitTatCrochet

Monday, July 02, 2007

Finished!


Twisted Stitch Socks
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
Yey!
This is my first pair for Summer of Socks 2007.

Yarn: Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Heather Colour: Fury
Needle: Size 2 (2.75mm) DPN Lantern Moon Ebony
Cast-on: Magic Loop Cast-on
Heel: Short-row heel with wrap
Cast-off: Turbular Cast-off
Pattern: No.067 from _Knitting Patterns Book 300 (ISBN 4-529-0417-7)_
Started on 22, June, 2007
Finished on 1, July, 2007

I'm not a creative person. I always need a pattern when I knit socks, or whatever.
Sometimes, I try to knit something totally original, but then, my mind ceases to work. My hands stop. And I wonder what I was trying to do.

Pattern books are for knitter like me. Well, they are for every knitter (and every knitter-to-be), but still I really appreciate them a lot.
I took this twisted stitch pattern from one of those books. At the very first time I saw this pattern, I thought it would be very nice for socks.

As already written, I was right.

It was just fun to knit this pair.
The pattern looks like chained hearts, more or less. Also, it is a bit whorled.

It was too hot to wear them, but I put them on.
Oh, how I'm content with them.
If I'd knit this pair again, I'd like to make toes a bit longer and foot parts a bit shorter.

I'm thinking of knitting next pair with a pattern from another pattern book.

Oh, I forgot.
I'm knitting another pair as an outside project (This pair was my home project).
I'll blog about them next time.

Twisted Stitch Socks

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home