KnitTatCrochet

Friday, July 27, 2007

Sorry for the Artistic Picture


Gram Rock Socks
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
Yeah, I know. It's just blurred.

Anyway, this is my third project for Summer of Socks 2007.
Yarn is SocksThatRocks GramRock colourway. This pink and rose (and yellow) colourway is usually not mine. I like blues, greens and purples.
But, you know what? This colourway really makes me happy. It's just fun to knit with this yarn. Ah, pink, what a lovely colour it is! And yellow, what a lively colour it is!

I've tried several patterns before I started knitting a sock. None was for this yarn. At least I thought so.
So, I just pick a rib patten. It's a kind of garter rib pattern, K5 P1 for odd rows and K every stitch for even rows. This simple pattern goes very well with the yarn. I'm pleased.

This is my first time using the Channel Island Cast on. It's a fabulous cast on method! It's very stretchy, and very sturdy, and also, looks so nice. I'm sure I'll use this method again.

BTW, I leave for the office 10 to eight, and get home around midnight every day during weekday. I go to work at least a day on weekends. I don't have much time to knit, really.
Still, I try to find time to knit with all my might :-)
After all, it's fun to knit and knitting makes me happy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I'm concluding with the fact that I love the socks you make :)
    The color surprised me, not what I expected of you at all, but it's a pretty one, completely getting why it makes you happy :D

    By Blogger tekopp, At 10:18 PM  

  • Cecilie, thank you very much for your kind comment and I'm so sorry my reply is this late.
    I've been worn out recently, but your comment makes me really happy!

    By Blogger Garyo, At 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home