KnitTatCrochet

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Crochet Hat in Progress


Crochet Hat in Progress
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
Around this time of year, I want to make a hat or two. That's because quite a number of crochet hats and caps are put on display in the crafty shops I go. My favorites are hats and caps using Puppy's yarns. This year, I've fallen love at first sight with the hat made with the yarn named Leafy. Leafy is made of Japanese paper.
It's not very easy to crochet or knit, but the fabric is one-of-a-kind. It has a pleasant dry feel and is suitable for a summer hat or cap. Also, you can handwash.

Though I still have sore throat a bit, I can't wait to finish this hat and put it on.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I have found your blog through the weekend whirls, as I am also a spinner, I think it is great to have members of the group so far flung around the globe with common interests, I am also interested in your paper yarn as I like unusual yarns and fibres!

    By Blogger Joanna, At 6:30 AM  

  • Jo, thank you very much for your kind comment and visiting my blog.
    Puppy sells several paper yarns and I've tried some. I like this Leafy the best because it's easier to work with than other yarns. Leafy looks like ribbon yarn and crumples as you crochet or knit.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home