KnitTatCrochet

Monday, April 30, 2007

Done


Blue Faced Leicester
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
But plying is waiting for me...

I've spun 200g of Blue Faced Leicester top. Started on 27th March, it took me two months to finish. Well, though I also spun other fiber, it took too long. The thickness of the yarn is quite different from the start and the end.
Still, I got improved so much from spinning BFL. The yarn thickness are getting constant and I can spin more than used to. The fiber was in good condition, that's why.
Now, I'm trying hard on spinning the yarn with constant twist. The yarn I spun has strong twist in some part and weak twist in other part. I'm not sure how I can achieve that goal, but anyway, I'd give it a go.

And I've already bought another 200g of BFL top (200g is a little more than 7 oz. by the way). I'm thinking of spinning it finer and knit some lace.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I hope you're feeling better now with a couple days of rest.

    The spinning is coming along nicely. Isn't BFL pleasant to work with? Next you'll be wanting to spin silk for your tatting. :-)

    By Blogger Fiberjoy, At 12:21 PM  

  • Your BFL singles looks good. Isn't BFL nice to spin?

    Next thing you know, you'll be spinning silk for your tatting projects! :-)

    By Blogger Fiberjoy, At 12:25 PM  

  • Your BFL spinning is coming along nicely. Next thing you know you'll be spinning silk for your tatting projects. :-)

    By Blogger Fiberjoy, At 12:27 PM  

  • Thank you very much for your kind comment. I'm getting better now.
    And, yes, BFL's just taken my heart away somehwere.
    I gave it a try and spun some silk. I have a long way to go to tat my handspun silk right now.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home