KnitTatCrochet

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Colourul Socks


Gentleman's Fancy Socks - Altered
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
I've made two pair of socks recently. All the knitting was done on the commute train or bus. Only a few parts such as turbular cast-off, Kitchner stitch, and so on, were done at home.

The green socks are made with Schaffer Anne and the pattern is _Gentleman's Fancy Socs_ in _Knitting Vintage Socks_. But I made a lot of changes. For example, the pattern says you start from the cuff, but I started from the toe with magic-cast-on; I chose short-row with wrap for the heels; I didn't add stitches for calves; and the length are shorter than the pattern.
Still, I followed some part of the pattern.


Rib and Cable Socks



The red socks are made with Koigu KPPPM. The pattern is Rib and Cable Socks from _Interweave Knits Fall 2005_. I've alwasy wanted to knit this pair. I thought the pattern would be in _Favorite Socks_ but it isn't. Since it's been my next-to-knit list for a long time, I followed the most of the pattern, except toe. The pattern tells me the toe length is 7.5cm. And that is too long for my short foot. So, I made a little change at the toe. That's all.

I really love this sock and probably I will make another pair.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home