KnitTatCrochet

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Energized!


Energized!
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
This is my first time to knit single yarn. For my own handspun yarn, I've knitted only plied and blocked one.

Today, I carded fiber to blend colour. First, I chose almost same amount of five different natural shades merino; white, light grayish brown, light brown, medium brown, and dark brown. Then, I added a bit of pink, very light lavender, and dark purple fiber.
It is fun to card and blend colour of fiber. I've just started card-blending and usually fell into a mess. I like to use natural (not dyed) colour and add a little bit of dyed fiber.

After several tries, I've found out that it looks so different after I spin a card-blended fiber. It looks OK in fiber, but not at all in yarn.
This time, I've come to know that it looks alos different after I knit the yarn.

I think I can spin evenly in thickness, more or less. Now I'm trying hard on spinning evenly twisted yarn.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home