KnitTatCrochet

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tat, Crochet, Tat, Tat


Bookmarks
Originally uploaded by Garyou.
I've seen a lot of beautiful tatted bookmarks on the web the other day.
You can see them here. Wonderful. Gorgeous. Beautiful.

And... yeah, I found myself wanting to make some, too.
So I've tatted some. The blue one is made with Anchor Mercer Crochet 40 Col.131, the pink gradation one is made with Olympus Gold #40 Col.M15, and the light blue gradation one is made with Olympus Gold #40 Col.M12. I've made another one with Leigh's Overdyed Pearl #12 in Nordic Blue.
I usually don't make something I've already finished, but this pattern, Floral, is different. It's easy, and fan to tat. You can find the pattern at Kersti's website.

As already written, I'm not a bookmark person. I don't use it. But I can't resist making them.
The second from left is crochet fan bookmark and you can find the pattern here. This one is also not so difficult to make. Well, it's easy and funt to crochet. I could make it one after another if I had enough thread. This one, I used Anchor Pearl Cotton #8 Col.1344. The bookmark is kind of soft. I would use crochet cotton next time.

So, I tat a lot these days. Knitting and crochet projects, I put them on to Ravelry, but tatting projects. It's not prohibited, I suppose, but I just hesitate to do so with my tatting stuffs.

And I believe you've already known, I'm not a tassel person either. I put one to the blue one, but not to the other three. It would be nice to add tassels to them. Mmh, I'll think about it.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • They are really lovely! Maybe if you don't use bookmarks you could use them to decorate other items? Like a decorative edging for clothing, or appliqued to a bag - they deserve to be shown off!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:43 AM  

  • The pattern is now available

    By Blogger Kersti, At 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home