KnitTatCrochet

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kind of Origami

One of my colleagues gave us karintoh, sweet crunchy snacks, the other day. They were put in the cute paper bags made with washi, Japanese paper.
I couldn't throw them away. I kept them and today I made pochi-bukuro with them.
Pochi-bukuro is a small envelope. We usually put some money in it and give to someone. It used to be a manner to roll money up with paper when you give money. That manner become old-fashined but still exists. You sometimes just use an envelope, sometimes use pochi-bukuro.
You can buy them at stationary stores. You can also make them with coloured paper, origami or chiyogami. I sometimes keep pretty wrapping paper and make pochi-bukuro with it. It's so fun.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home