KnitTatCrochet

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Seed Stitch Hat

Seed Stitch Hat by Garyou
Seed Stitch Hat, a photo by Garyou on Flickr.

On 31 Dec., I went to buy some yarn. It was the last stash enhancement of the year. We tend to refer to "the first" and "the last" thing to do of the year. For example, Hatsuyume, the first dream of the year, is said to judge our fortune for the following year. 28 or 29 Dec. is called Shigoto-osame, the last business day of the year, and so on.

This hat is my last knitting of the year 2011 and my first finished object of the year 2012.

Designed by MIKUNI Mariko, its gauge is rather tight. I knit rather loosely, so I tried to knit tightly as possible. The width went fine, but the height. It's a bit large in height.
I know tightly knit thing looks neat. I used to knit really tight. I found out that it's more fun to knit as you like. Not too tight, not too loose.

Seed stitch is one of my favourite stitches. When I first learned to knit seed stitch, I got addicted too much. And it's still the same. I finished knitting on the very day I started to knit. How addictive!
Seed Stitch Hat

Via Flickr:
Designed by MIKUNI Mariko
Source: 「編みものこもの」
Yarn: Dia E-no straight col.508
Needle Size 7 (4.2mm)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home