KnitTatCrochet

Sunday, January 01, 2012

#17 - #22 Snowflakes, snowflakes, snowflakes

New Year Cards 2012 by Garyou
New Year Cards 2012, a photo by Garyou on Flickr.

This is the year of dragon. I was supposed to tat something dragon like motif, such as a hippocampus, Occidental dragons, and so on.
Instead, I've made a lot of snowflakes out of Jon Yusoff's Tatted Snowflakes Collection.

I put each motif on a new year card.

This autumn and winter, we already have two tatting books published in Japan, and one more to come this month. I don't know about the latter book, but former two didn't make me motivated much.
But Jon's patterns! They made me tat a lot, sometimes too much, and it was very fun.
My favourite is 14. The Twirly. It's so pretty especially tatted with #40 thread.

Milky Ways
#17 Milky Ways. They are too large for New Year Cards. Large one is made with Lisbeth #20, and small one is with #40.

Sweet Rose
#18 Sweet Rose. I love this motif because you can tat all three rows without cutting thread.
Thread: Lisbeth #40 Col.635.

Alladin
#19 Alladin. It was a challenge to me to tat a SCMR on a split ring. Need more practice.
Thread: Lisbeth #40, Col.641

Circle of Crowns
#20 Circle of Crowns. It's a kind of onion ring pattern, I think.
Thread: Lisbeth #20

Floret
#21 Floret. Love it! This motif is so pretty.
Thread: Lisbeth #20

The Twirly
#22 The Twirly. My favourite.
The left and right one are made with Lisbeth #40 and the middle is with #20.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home