KnitTatCrochet

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Bulky Mittens

ざっくりミトン by Garyou
ざっくりミトン, a photo by Garyou on Flickr.

This pair of mittens is my first finished object this year.

It was a quici-knit. I started knitting the left hand mitten on 1 Jan., and almost done. I went to see kabuki plays on 2 Jan., and didn't knit that day. On 3 Jan., I finished the thumb of the left hand mitten, and casted on the right one and done.

Fair-isle knitting is what I adore a lot, but I'm not good at it at all. I've tried it several times, though.
What I needed was knit with thick yarn, such as this one. This pair looks still awkward, but it's better than other fair-isle knitting stuffs I made.

In the book, these mittens are in gray and red, and natural and dark blue. Mine look too bold, but they look bright and warm in chilly weather.
ざっくりミトン

Via Flickr:
Designed by MIKUNI Mariko
Yarn: Puppy Mini-sport 711 (purple) & 685 (green)
Needle Size 4 (3.3mm) & 6 (3.9mm) DPN
Started on 1 Jan. 2012
Finished on 3 Jan. 2012

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home