KnitTatCrochet

Sunday, August 05, 2012

New Tatting Shuttles from Clover

I've bought new tatting shuttles from Clover on Saturday.
The colours look so cool. Pale green and blue suit for summer.

"L" stands for large.

Tattieg Shuttles

As you can see, it is as long as a Sew Mate shuttle.
Clover says this shuttle is for loading beads.

Large Hole

The hole is really large. You can use really thick thread with this shuttle.

Duet w/ Clover's New Shuttle

Followings are my opinion, and you might feel in different ways.

Though its length is as same as a Sew Mate one, it's a bit thicker. That makes me a little more difficult to tat since my hands are small.
It can hold a lot of thread and that's for sure.

Anyway, new products are good news and that shows tatting is not a lost art at all.



Via Flickr:
a bit large

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • I prefer bobbin shuttles, but Clover continues a long tradition and their shuttles are carried in craft stores, reminding shoppers in the stores that shuttle tatting is still around, which is a good thing! (I wish the stores would carry some tatting books nearby. Happily, Hobby Lobby does this.) And at least we can find the more unusual shuttles like these on the internet, plus reviews by tatters who test them out. I'm glad the manufacturers are paying attention to the 'revival'of tatting!

    By Blogger Kathy Niklewicz, At 7:06 AM  

  • Hello. I stumbled across your blog and would love to know where these new shuttles might be purchased. Clover shuttles are my favorite shuttles and I would love to give these a try.
    dalemarie75 at gmail dot com

    By Blogger Dale Marie, At 9:18 PM  

  • Hello, Dale.
    You can buy them from http://www.doishugei.com/lace/tool/tatting_tools.html. They send items oversea, but it seems they have web pages only in Japanese. Also, you need a credit card, either VISA, JCB, or Master.

    By Blogger Garyo, At 12:18 AM  

  • I've just found one at Handy Hands.
    http://www.hhtatting.com/detail.cfm?ID=3227&Desc=Clover%20large%20shuttles%203

    By Blogger Garyo, At 10:20 PM  

  • I ordered a 'pair' this a.m. I look forward to giving them a try!

    Thx for the photos and information.

    By Blogger Lelia, At 5:16 AM  

  • I like the Lacis Shuttle which is just about the size of the new Clover Shuttle.

    By Blogger Susie J, At 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home