KnitTatCrochet

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Shuttle tatted motif and Needle tatted one

I picked up a shuttle when I started tatting. I also love to tat with a needle.
Though I seldom needle tat, I love the way my hand moves with thread and needle.

This photo shows how I tatted same patterns with a shuttle and a needle. Left motif is made with a shuttle, and right one with needle. The needle tatted one is rather stiff and at the same time soft.

I don't needle tat so often mainly because it scares other people a bit. Some people afraid of pointed thing, like Eric Idle :-)



Via Flickr:
Left: Shuttle tatted
Right: Needle (#5) tatted
Thread: Olympus #40

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Wow! Major difference in size, but the tatting still looks great both ways!! :)

    By Blogger God's Kid, At 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home